March has been a very busy month for breweries across Massachusetts. Down the Road Brewing announced their impending launch, Medusa Brewing had their grand opening this weekend and now Wormtown Brewery is not only celebrating their 5th birthday later this month, but will also be rebranding themselves with a new logo. They will also be opening their new brewing space and taproom.
The new taproom will be opening on Tuesday March 17th to coincide with the brewery’s 5th birthday, and will feature ten beers on draft as well as live music courtesy of The Voice’s finalist Sam James who just so happened to hail from Worcester. The draft list of their grand opening will feature the following beers:
- Birthday Brew #5 (Triple IPA)
- Be Hoppy IPA (American IPA)
- Bottle Rocket (American Pale Ale)
- 7 Hills Session Ale (Session Ale)
- Irish Red Ale (Amber/Irish Ale)
- Buddha’s Juice (Double IPA)
- C-Session IPA (American IPA)
- Homefield 3 (American Pale Ale)
- Citron Wit (Witbier)
- Pratt’s Strong Ale (English Strong Ale)
Much like you’d expect, growlers will also be available for fills and they will also have light snacks available as well as merchandise. There’s been no word on capacity as of yet but expect a very busy day for them despite the opening falling on a weekday. They will be open from noon to 9PM that day.
The new brewery is located at 72 Shrewsbury St. Unit 4, Worcester MA 01604.