Jack’s Abby Brewing out in Framingham have just announced that they’ve been working on and will be releasing a variety of sour beers which are to feature Lactobacillus, Pediococcus and Brettanomyces.
Each beer will be unique and will be a part of their Sour Barrel Program which started in 2013 and some of the ingredients that these sour beers will feature include nectarines, blueberries, tart cherries and quite a few other ingredients. Below is a preview of what they’re expecting to release over the course of the next few months:
- Framingham Lager w/Raspberry and Brettanomyces
- Golden Sour w/ Nectarines
- Golden Sour w/ Blueberries
- Framingham Lager w/ Blackberries and Brettanomyces
- Red Sour Lager w/ Tart Cherries
- Smoke and Dagger w/ Pumpkins, Ginger and Brettanomyces
- Cranberry on Leisure Time
- Dry Hopped Sour
While no dates have been released yet, these will all be released over the course of the summer and with a twist: they’ll be bottled! This was not possible before because of cross-contamination, but they’ve apparently figured it out and are able to do so this time around.
You can read more about the Summer of Sours on their website and can also check out this link if you want to read up on their Sour Barrel Program as well. Stay tuned for updates via our Twitter and Facebook page as well.