It’s a great day for a long lunch or early start to the weekend with some of the awesome beers currently available on tap in and around town!
Here is a current list of some interesting/limited beers that we think are worthy of heading out for this weekend.
(Note that this list is accurate based on online tap lists provided by the respective establishment. You should always call ahead to confirm a particular beer is still available before making a special trip!)
- Hugh O’Neils (Malden) – Hammerhead Speedway Stout, Mikkeller Spontancherry (Fredricksal variant), Firestone Walker Parabola
- Lord Hobo (Cambridge) – Wicked Weed Dark Age (Bourbon BA Stout), Almanac Farmer’s Reserve Plulot (a delicious West Coast fruited sour from an awesome brewery just beginning to get more distribution in MA)
- Jack’s Abby (Framingham) – All Framinghammer variants (PB&J, Cocoa-nut, Brandy BA, Bourbon BA, Double Barrel, Cordon Rouge, Mole, Coffee, and Vanilla) are still available!
- Branch Line (Watertown) – Dino S’mores (Imperial stout with grahm flour, marshmellows, cacao nibs, and vanilla)
- Lulu’s (Allston) – Firestone Walker XIX Anniversary Ale
- Cambridge Brewing Co. (Cambridge) – BBA Dubbel Nickels (Strong brown ale aged in bourbon barrels previously used for Sam Adams Utopias)
Finally, be sure to check out the Lexington Battle Green BBQ Battle! It’s a charity event for a great cause with some fantastic beers and BBQ. Beers from Jester King, Other Half, vintage Bourbon County variants, and more, plus some award-winning BBQ will be available all weekend long. Be sure to check the schedule here (http://www.lexingtonbbqbattle.com) for which beers are available which day.
If you spot any other gems while out and about this weekend, please add in the comments!
Cheers to a great weekend!–Jslay