6/3 Weekend Tap Highlights + Boston Bacon and Beer Fest Contest Teaser!!
Happy Friday, Everyone!
It’s a big weekend with the Microbrew Invitational going on, with many, normally out-of-distro brews popping up on draft lines around town!
Here is our weekly list of some interesting/limited beers that we think are worthy of heading out for.
(Note that this list is accurate based on online tap lists provided by the respective establishment. You should always call ahead to confirm a particular beer is still available before making a special trip!)
- Ginger Man (Boston) – Fiddlehead Brett on the Dance Floor, Fiddlehead Second Fiddle, The Wild Beer Company Sleeping Lemons
- Lord Hobo (Cambridge) – Grimm Lucky Cloud
- Branch Line (Watertown) – Mikkeller Spontanpeach, Almanac Hoppy Sour:Azacca
- Redbones (Somerville) – Wicked Weed Napoleon Complex
- Night Shift (Everett) – Truman DIPA (draft, growlers and cans), Simple Sour
- Joshua Tree (Somerville) – New Holland Dragon’s Milk Reserve
- Yardhouse (Lynnfield) – Allagash Hive 56
- Barking Dog Ale House (Haverhill) – Ballast Point Victory at Sea w/ Peanut Butter and Chocolate
As previously mentioned, the Beer Advocate Microbrew Invitational going on at the Seaport World Trade Center this weekend! While there is nothing incredibly rare being poured, there are still a ton of new, smaller breweries (70+), as well as cideries, meaderies, and even a local saki producer participating! We think it is definitely worth attending and as of now, there are still tickets available for the Friday evening and Saturday late afternoon sessions. More information is available at http://www.beeradvocate.com/micro and expect a full review of the event next week!
Finally, keep an eye out here and on our Facebook page for a ticket giveaway this weekend! The folks behind the Boston Beer and Bacon Festival at Fenway on Sunday June 12th have been kind enough to pass along a few tickets. Stay tuned for additional details, but in the meantime, you can find out more about the event at https://nightout.com/events/boston-bacon-and-beer-festival/tickets
If you spot any other gems while out and about this weekend, please add in the comments!
Cheers to a great weekend!–Jslay