Thanks to the generous folks at the Boston Globe Travel Show, we are excited to giveaway a pair of tickets to the event including access to the Northeast Craft Beer Pavilion on Friday February 10th from 6:00-8:30PM!
Once inside the pavilion, you will have the chance to sample some of New England’s best beer offerings from the city limits of Boston and beyond!
The Northeast Craft Beer Pavilion will be pouring samplings of nearly 100 different beers and ciders from over 40 breweries, plus the show will also include informative travel seminars, live cultural entertainment and travel deals only available at the Boston Globe Travel Show!
Some highlights throughout the weekend include:
- 3 sampling sessions and a Sunday Lord Hobo’s Brunch Bites & Brews at the Northeast Craft Beer Pavilion with tastings of nearly 100 beers and ciders from over 40 breweries
- 1,000 Places to See Before You Die author Patricia Schultz will be hosting two seminars: “Emerging Destinations: Iran, Cuba, Myanmar and Antarctica,” and “U.S. & Canada.”
- Pauline Frommer, Editorial Director of Frommer Travel Guides and award-winning travel journalist, will be speaking about “Insider Tips for Creating Great Vacations in All Price Ranges”
- Boston Globe travel writer Chris Muther will give his tips for “The Digital Traveler: Best Apps, Photos & Travel Products”
- Cultural dancer performances from the Philippines and Dominican Republic, including showing you some basic steps of Merengue and Bachata.
To enter, simply visit our Facebook page, (https://www.facebook.com/CraftBeerBoston) like the page, and comment on the contest post letting us know what your ideal vacation spot is and the ideal beer to drink while there!
The winner will be chosen on Monday, 2/6. The winner and their guest must be 21+ and identification will be required to enter the venue.
Tickets to all sessions of the Craft Beer Pavilion are also available at http://www.bostonglobetravelshow.com/beer/
Sean Lawson of Lawson’s Finest Liquids has been a very busy man. Last year, in April, he had announced that they’d be building and opening a brewery out in Waitsfield in Vermont and now he has announced that they’ll be expanding their distribution into Massachusetts.
This bright and sunny news isn’t a huge surprise considering that they had recently dropped a few cases of one of their flagships, Sip of Sunshine, to numerous stores in the Boston area in early December last year. They recently signed a new distribution deal with Atlantic Beverage Distributors and will be leveraging their new facility out in Holliston to facilitate this. They’ll be having regular drops every single month moving forward and Sip of Sunshine will also soon be joined by the award-winning Super Session #2 beer as well.
Hopheads rejoice, relief is coming to the Boston-area shelves soon so keep your eyes peeled for those bright yellow cans.
As far as updates on the construction of their brewery, no updates on that end but stay tuned for more to follow on that later this year.
Posted in Boston, Craft Beer, VT
Tagged Atlantic, Atlantic Beverage Distributors, Atlantic Distribution, Beer, Connecticut, Craft Beer, Craft Beers, Holliston, Hops, Lawson's, Lawson's Finest Liquids, Massachusetts, Sean Lawson, Sip of Sunshine, Stowe, Super Session #2, Vermont, White River Junction
According to a recent update by Eater Boston it appears that Jamaica Plain’s upcoming Turtle Swamp Brewing should be coming opening in the next few months.
The brewery which was created by some former Harpoon alumni will be the second brewery to hit the Jamaica Plain market following Samuel Adams Brewing settled there over 30 years ago. The Turtle Swamp team has been documenting every step of their process on their very active Instagram page and it appears that they already have their tanks in place and are in the process of finalizing their floors.
No word yet on what they’ll be brewing up or a great opening day but stay tuned for more updates.
Turtle Swamp Brewing will be located at 3377 Washington St, Boston, MA 02130.
Posted in Boston, Brewery, MA, New England
Tagged Boston, Brewery, Harpoon, Jamaica Plain, John Lincecum, MA, Massachusetts, New England, Nicholas Walther, Sam Adams, Samuel Adams, Turtle Swamp, Turtle Swamp Brewing
(Note that this list is accurate based on online tap lists provided by the respective establishment. You should always call ahead to confirm a particular beer is still available before making a special trip!)
- Ginger Man (Boston): Firestone Walker – XX Anniversary Ale (Strong Ale)
- LuLus (Boston): Almanac –Farmer’s Reserve Blueberry (AWA)
- Stoddards (Boston): Avery – Uncle Jacob’s (Imperial Stout)
- Stoddards (Boston): Goose Island – Bourbon County Brand Stout ’16 (Imperial Stout)
- Stoddards (Boston): Upland – Raspberry Lambic (AWA)
- Tip Tap Room (Boston): Almanac – Farmer’s Reserve Nectarine (AWA)
- Lord Hobo (Cambridge): Dogfish Head – 120 Minute Ale (DIPA)
- Nightshift (Everett): Fluffy (IPA)
If you spot any other gems while out and about this weekend, please let us know what you find!